The Connector Builder index contains a repository of custom connectors created with Connector Builder, including these:
- Any Connector Builder connectors that you have created yourself, both unpublished and published.
- If you have Admin permission in the Jitterbit Harmony organization, any Connector Builder connectors that others have created in the organization, both unpublished and published.
Custom connectors developed using the Connector SDK do not appear here.
From the Connector Builder index, you can create a new connector, import a connector, or edit, delete, or export an existing connector.
Accessing the Connector Builder Index
The Connector Builder index is accessed from the Cloud Studio landing page, using the first dropdown to select Connector Builder:
The Connector Builder index is displayed, showing any existing Connector Builder connectors:
Creating a New Connector
To create a new connector, click the New Connector button to get started:
For detailed information on creating a new connector, see Connector Builder Creation.
Importing a Connector
Connector Builder connectors that have been exported from Cloud Studio can be imported from the Connector Builder index. Click the Import link to get started:
For more information, see Connector Builder Exports and Imports.
Editing an Existing Connector
Existing Connector Builder connectors are displayed in the Connector Builder index in either card view or list view. To filter the connectors by name, click the search icon, then enter any part of the connector name. The search is not case-sensitive.
Card view is the default view. If you are not in card view, to return to it, click the card view icon:
Any filters and views you select are preselected the next time you load the Connector Builder index.
In card view, connectors are displayed as tiles, referred to as Connector Builder index cards. Each index card has a front and a back that can be "flipped" over to reveal additional connector information and actions. The front is displayed by default. The back is displayed on hovering over the card:
- Front: The front of the card shows the connector display name, connector image, and last edited date and time, displayed as the local browser time.
- Back: The back of the card shows the connector display name, connector description, and email address of the user who last edited the connector. In addition, these actions are available:
- View/Edit: Opens the connector creation screen (see Connector Builder Creation).
- Actions: Click the actions menu icon to open a menu with additional actions:
Delete: Permanently deletes the connector. On clicking Delete, a confirmation message asks you to confirm that you want to permanently delete the connector.NOTE: Connectors that are currently in use cannot be deleted. A connector is considered to be in use if a connection has been configured in a project, regardless of whether any activities are configured. To delete the connector, first delete the connection (see Component Dependencies, Deletion, and Removal).
- Export: Generates and downloads the connector as a JSON file with the connector metadata (see Connector Builder Exports and Imports).
To toggle to list view, click the list view icon:
In list view, connectors are displayed in table format, with each column described below. Each column except for the one on the far right can be sorted by clicking the column header.
- Connector Name: The name of the connector as entered during connector creation. Click the name to open the connector creation screen (see Connector Builder Creation).
- Connector Display Name: The display name of the connector as entered during connector creation.
- Version: The version as entered during connector creation.
- Created Date: The date and time the connector was first created, displayed as the local browser time.
- Created By: The username of the user who created the connector.
- Edited Date: The date and time the connector was last edited, displayed as the local browser time.
- Published Date: The date and time the connector was last published, displayed as the local browser time.
- Published By: The username of the user who last published the connector.
- Actions: Hover over the connector row to reveal actions in the rightmost column:
- Edit: Click the edit icon to open the connector creation screen (see Connector Builder Creation).
- Description: Click the description icon to view the connector description.
- Additional Actions: Click the actions menu icon to open a menu with additional actions:
Last updated: Nov 19, 2020
- No labels