The design component palette is one of the two types of component palettes. (The other type is the script component palette.)
The design component palette is displayed next to the design canvas and provides access to create connections and activities using connectors in its Connectivity tab:
Collapsing and Expanding
To collapse the component palette to provide for more screen real estate on the design canvas, click the collapse icon in the top right:
To expand the component palette, click the Connectivity tab icon:
Filtering and Searching
Along the top of the Connectivity tab, you can filter and search to limit the connectivity resources displayed in the palette.
To filter what is displayed in the Connectivity tab, use the Show dropdown:
- Endpoints: Displays connections. The connections can be clicked to display activity types for each connection. For details, see Endpoints later on this page.
- Connectors: Displays connectors. For details, see Connectors later on this page.
- All: Displays both connections and connectors as described above.
To search within the Connectivity tab using the selected filter, use the search box to enter a single keyword or keyword string:
To clear the search, click the remove icon.
A connector provides the interface for entering user-provided input such as credentials to create a connection. The Connectors filter shows the available connectors.
To open the configuration screen for a connection, click a connector:
For configuration details, see the documentation for the endpoint connection under Connectors.
An endpoint refers to a specific connection and its activities. The Endpoints filter shows the connections.
To select a connection and reveal its activity types, click the connection:
A selected connection is displayed with a white and purple border. The activity types are displayed below the connection:
To position your cursor for renaming a connection, click the connection name or click an already selected connection.
To create an instance of an activity that can be configured, drag an activity type to the design canvas or copy the activity type and paste it on the design canvas (see Creating an Activity Instance in Component Reuse). For configuration details, see the documentation for the endpoint activity under Connectors.
The actions menu for connections is described in the next section, Actions Menus.
To open a menu of actions to take on a connection or activity type, do one of these:
- Right-click the connection or activity type.
- Hover over the connection or activity type, and then click the actions menu icon .
Connection Actions Menu
A connection's actions menu includes these actions:
- View/Edit: Opens the configuration screen for the connection. For configuration details, see the documentation for the endpoint connection under Connectors.
- Test: Tests the connection. This action is the same as clicking the Test button available in a connection configuration screen (see the documentation on a specific endpoint connection under Connectors).
- Duplicate: Creates a new, unreferenced connection using the same configuration as the original connection (see Component Reuse).
- Delete: Permanently deletes the connection (see Component Dependencies, Deletion, and Removal).
Activity Type Actions Menu
An activity type's actions menu includes this action:
- Copy: Places a copy of the activity type on your clipboard to be used to create an activity instance (see Component Reuse).